Junior Team Tennis
About Junior Team Tennis
“USTA Junior Team Tennis brings kids together in teams to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles against other teams. It promotes social skills and important values by fostering a spirit of cooperation and unity, as well as individual self-growth. Also, it’s a fun environment for kids in which they learn that succeeding is really more about how they play the game – win or lose!” – Junior Team Tennis USTA Website
How does it work? (General)
- USTA Jr. Team Tennis is designed for kids ages 8-18.
- Upon registration players are immediately placed on teams.
- Teams are preferably co-ed but can also be single gender (boys only or girls only).
- Players will need to be able to consistently rally, serve, and keep score.
Do I need to be a member of the USTA?
Yes, all players must have a current USTA membership. To sign up, go to membership.usta.com.
How much does JTT cost?
The cost to join the team is $310. This includes the 1.5 hour practices on Saturdays and matches on Sundays. Also included is a team shirt and hat.
- 12’s Yellow Ball
- 14’s Yellow Ball
Youth Progression Rules (applies to all players 10 and under)
Orange Ball—>Green Ball = 1000 points
Green Ball—>Yellow Ball = 1000 points
One season of JTT Participation = 250 points
Stars are awarded for participating (50 pts each). Trophies are awarded for wins (50 pts each).
To check if your son/daughter is eligible to participate please email email@example.com.
- 10 & under must NOT turn 11 before December 15 of calendar year
- 12 & under must NOT turn 13 before December 15 of calendar year
- 14 & under must NOT turn 15 before December 15 of calendar year
Practices will be at Rose Bowl Courts 1:30 – 3:30pm.
Home matches are out of Marshall Fundamental School located at 990 Allen Ave, Pasadena CA 91104
Team Practice Times
- 12’s Team 1:30 – 3:30pm
- 14’s Team 1:30 – 3:30pm
- 12’s Team 2:00 – 4:00pm
- 14’s Team 4:00 – 6:00pm